Good morning, readers! Today’s post is a two-in-one. I’ve been able to combine the final day of Gradient + Week with The Digit-al Dozen AND this week’s 40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Pink & Lilac nail art prompt. I’ve come up with a pink and lilac gradient mermaid scale pattern. To add some sparkle to the plain creme gradient (this IS a mermaid, after all), a coat of Elevation Polish Aguja St. Exupery was used. I free handed the mermaid scale pattern, you can see a step by step in my old Mermaid Scale Tutorial.
- I began by painting a coat of Liquid Palisade around my nails to help with cleanup from the gradient.
- Once that was dry, I painted thick stripes next to eachother on a makeup sponge with OPI Rumples Wiggin’ and OPI Suzi Has a Swede Tooth.
- I dabbed the wet sponge onto the nails and repeated the process until the colors were opaque enough and blended onto the nail.
- I then painted a coat of Elevation Polish Aguja St. Exupery over the gradient.
- I used tweezers to remove the Liquid Palisade and excess polish. A cleanup brush and acetone were used to wipe away anything the LP missed.
- I then followed my Mermaid Scale tutorial linked above to paint on the mermaid scales with a nail art brush and OPI Silver Canvas.
- NYC Grand Central Station quick drying top coat was used to seal in the design and add shine.
What do you think? Have you ever painted free hand mermaid scales? I would love a simple mermaid scale stamp to help cut down on the time it takes for these manis, must be on the lookout!
Check out what the other Digit-al Dozen ladies painted for their final Gradient + Week mani below:
Also, the other Crumpet’s Nail Tarts ladies are below with their Pink & Lilac manis:
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –