Good afternoon, readers! Are you ready for my second Childhood Week mani? This was inspired by one of our [many] favorite books written by Dr. Seuss– One fish two fish red fish blue fish. I recreated the fish from the cover of the book. Growing up, and now as a parent, Dr. Seuss books have been a big part of our home library. We even have this one in 2 formats–Owen has the board book and we have the regular hardcover on Hailey’s shelves.
Here’s how I did it:
- I started out with a base of OPI I Just Can’t Cope-acabana and let dry.
- Then, I decided to finally try some acrylic craft paint. WOW! I feel like I’ve been missing out on so much by not having this before. The black line work was SO MUCH EASIER without polish drying and gooping up. Definitely changed my nail art life. So I used white, black, red, green (mixed with some yellow), blue, and blue mixed with white for the colors you see here.
- The nail art brush I used was the Pure Color Glamor No. 1.
- After the paint was completely dry, I added one coat of Rica Glossy Glam top coat to seal it all in. Acrylic paint will wash off if you don’t add top coat.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –