Good morning, readers! I’m alive! It was a busy week last week and I didn’t have time for painting my nails or posts, sorry for the lack of communication. However, I was able to get this week’s Digit-al Dozen manis ready for you! The theme is Nature and I can’t wait to see how everyone does! It’s so broad that I think we will have tons of variation in nail art.
My first mani was inspired by a tutorial in my favorite nail art book (that I’ve shown you many times before!), Idiot’s Guides: Nail Art by Emily from The Lacquerologist. Actually, the majority of my manis for this week were done using tutorials out of the book so this will be exciting!
The Palm Trees tutorial is found on pages 144-145, in the Intermediate Designs section of Idiot’s Guides: Nail Art. I remember trying a similar mani on my younger sister years ago, before the start of Adventures In Acetone, and I can’t believe I’ve never done one on myself.
- I followed Emily’s tutorial, starting with OPI Put A Coat On! white base coat.
- Then, I swiped the following polishes in order on a makeup sponge: OPI Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm?, Orly Frolic, OPI Girls Love Ponies, OPI Aloha From OPI, and OPI Good Grief!
- I then pressed the sponge onto the nail and repeated the steps a few more times to blend the gradient and make it opaque enough over the white base.
- I used a striper brush and OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy?!? to create the palm trees.
- KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal in the design and add shine.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –