Good evening, readers! I have a rainbow manicure today to share with you for the 13 Days of January challenge! This geometric design is currently my phone wallpaper from Erin Condren and I knew I wanted to try nail art inspired by it. With so many fun colors, the Rainbow prompt was the perfect time! I used striping tape and 10 creme polishes to create this look.
- I started out with 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and let dry.
- I added one coat of quick dry top coat to speed up this process before moving on.
- Once the base was dry for a while, I used about 10 pieces of striping tape on each nail. I started out with diagonal in one direction, then diagonal in the opposite crossing over, and finally the horizontal pieces cutting the diamonds into triangles.
- I used a dotting tool and filled in the triangles to mimic the wallpaper using these 9 colors: OPI In My Back Pocket, OPI Rumple’s Wiggin’, OPI Good Grief!, OPI Sorry I’m Fizzy Today, China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle, Barry M Guava, KBShimmer Let’s Not Coral, KBShimmer Stonewashed, and KBShimmer Radiant Orchid(bottle shown).
- I then peeled off the tape layer by layer until I had triangles on a white base.
- I sealed the design in with 2 coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
Here’s a bonus shot with my phone so you can see my inspiration! This took like 2 hours for a full mani but it was so worth it, I never want to take it off!
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –