Good morning, readers! This Patterns on Patterns Week is really kicking my creative butt. I am torn at what to combine and it’s proving to be difficult. However, I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday and Paulina’s Passions posted the most perfect “pattern on pattern” idea WITH a tutorial and I desperately had to recreate it for today. So a huge thank you goes out to Paulina for saving the day!! Her original design had pink roses so I tried purple as to not be a complete copycat the day after she posted. Let’s take a look!
- I started out with 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top to speed up the drying process.
- Then, I used some thick striped nail vinyls and placed a couple horizontally across the nails.
- OPI Who Are You Calling Bossy? was then painted over the entire nail.
- I used tweezers to peel up the vinyls before the polish dried.
- Next, I used a dotting tool and China Glaze Passion to add gold dots on the stripes.
- Once dry, I followed the rest of Paulina’s tutorial to make the purple roses with gold leaves. The purples used were: OPI Lost My Bikini in Molokini, Hello Hawaii Ya?, Viking In A Vinter Vonderland, and Rumple’s Wiggin’.
- KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal the design.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –