Good afternoon, readers! TGIF! It’s the final day of Patterns on Patterns Week with The Digit-al Dozen and I am really enjoying my final design! I used three shimmery Elevation Polishes, some chevron nail vinyls from KBShimmer, and a dotting tool to create freehand cheetah spots.
- I started out with 2 easy coats of my new favorite white: Elevation Polish Yeti Hugs: Feel So Close. This was a limited edition from January so you wouldn’t be able to get it on the site anymore. I’m already regretting not getting a second one. It has gorgeous shimmer in it.
- One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to speed up the drying process before adding nail vinyls.
- Once I was certain the base was dry, I applied the connected chevron nail vinyls from KBShimmer. They are so easy to use because they are one piece for the entire nail and there is no frustration with getting the spacing even, and it peels all of the chevron stripes off at one time.
- One nail at a time, I painted a coat of Elevation Polish Atop A Ferris Wheel (this was also a limited edition polish. From A Box, Indied in July so I apologize for enticing you with something hard to find at this point). Before moving onto the next nail, I peeled up the chevrons while the purple was still wet.
- After I completed all of my nails with the chevrons, I used a dotting tool dipped in a puddle of Elevation Polish Theo Wirth Parkway (guess what? this one is brand new this month so it should be around a while for you!) to dab some cheetah spots over the entire nail. I did squiggly C shapes and some dragged dots in between.
- Once I was happy with the coverage, I added 2 coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top to seal in the design and try to level out the layers. It’s still not completely flat on the surface but close!
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –