Previous Press Sample
Good evening, readers! This week’s
40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt is pastels and I’ve paired them with a bold freehand painted houndstooth design. I used all of the Salon Perfect Pastels Collection for this look, over Salon Perfect Sugar Cube. I used the dry-brush technique to apply the 6 pastels over the white base and liked that look so much that I opted to leave some nails without the houndstooth design. This was my first time doing a freehand houndstooth pattern but I’m happy with how it turned out.
- I began with two coats of Salon Perfect Sugar Cube for a white base.
- I then, one color at a time, wiped most of the polish off of the brush and swiped from cuticle to tip in random places on my nails to add the pastels: Salon Perfect Put a Ring On It, Georgia Peach, Mellow Yellow, Mint Julep, Cold as Ice, and Lilacking Control.
- I added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to all nails and let that dry before moving on.
- For my index and middle finger, I used my black acrylic craft paint and ÜberChic Liner Brush to paint the houndstooth pattern. It was easiest to start with black squares and add the extra details from there.
- I topped the houndstooth nails with another coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top, and finished all of the nails with a coat of KBShimmer Oh Matte!
What do you think? Have you painted freehand houndstooth before? Check out what the other Crumpet’s Nail Tarts did for their Pastel manis below:
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –