Good afternoon, readers! It’s Day 4 of Nail Heroes Week with The Digit-al Dozen and today’s nail hero is Paulina from Paulina’s Passions! I admire and follow tons of fellow nail artists, but Paulina’s designs grab my attention and I always find myself inspired to recreate her work. Today, I’ve recreated her Mint Chevron Nails from last summer. The combination of mint, white, and gold go so well together!
- My thumbs, index fingers, and pinkies each were painted with three thin coats of Barry M Gelly Greenberry. I didn’t have Picture Polish Tiffany like Paulina but this was close.
- Once they were dry, I painted a thick coat of top coat onto those nails and pressed the gold studs into the wet layer.
- My middle and ring fingers started out with two coats of Rica Whiteout and topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to speed up the drying process.
- When completely dry, I applied a chevron nail vinyl and two thinner pieces of striping tape to make a skinnier chevron over the nail.
- I filled in the cuticle half moon chevron with OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
- The two other sections were painted with a coat of Barry M Gelly Greenberry.
- While still wet, I used tweezers to carefully remove the chevron vinyls and striping tape.
- Lastly, I painted two coats of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to seal in the design.
What do you think of this fun mani? I am really enjoying it as a full mani so thanks to Paulina for the fun idea! Check out what the other Digit-al Dozen ladies did for Day 4 below:
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –