Good morning! It’s the final day of Inspired by Pinterest Week with The Digit-al Dozen. I’ve been inspired by a watercolor image I found pinned here. Overlapping rain drops over a white base are simple and fun! I used acetone to thin down a drop of polish to create this watercolor effect of the drops.
- I began with two coats of Rica Whiteout.
- Next, I mixed a small drop of OPI Can’t Find My Czechbook with pure acetone on my ÜberChic ÜberMat until it was as thin as I wanted.
- I used a detail brush to paint simple “drop”shapes all over the nails, randomly.
- Then, I repeated the thinning down and painting with OPI Ogre-the-top Blue, overlapping some of the earlier drops.
- I painted one coat of Girly Bits Polish Matte’rs to give it a matte effect.
There you have it–my final post for this month’s Digit-al Dozen theme! I think I’ll continue to browse Pinterest in the future to find more ideas for nail art! Check out what the other DD ladies have for day 5 below.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –