Good morning, readers! Are you ready for Day 3 of Nature Week with The Digit-al Dozen? I wore this mani all weekend and loved it so much! It’s been a little over a year since I first tried free handed Mermaid Scales and I even did a simple tutorial for it! For this mani, I went a different route and added more color to the fin before adding the scale pattern on top. Mermaids may not be real, but I’m fitting them in with nature week anyway!
- I started out with 2 easy coats of Elevation Polish The Med 2. This is the bottle I’m holding in the photos, and it is gorgeous enough to be the sole base color to this mani. However, I wanted to add a little fun so I let that dry before moving on.
- I tore up a makeup sponge and dabbed randomly with Elevation Polish Bromeliad, Elevation Polish Prusik or Loop It, Elevation Polish El Cap II, and Pahlish Sarey’s Berry.
- Pure Ice Silver Star and a thin nail art brush were used to paint the mermaid scales. Check out my tutorial on that linked above, it’s really pretty simple to do.
- I sealed it all in with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
And here is a bonus macro, so we can enjoy the different finishes from sponging the polishes on the base. So happy with how these turned out!
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –