Previous Press Sample
Good morning! I’m back today with my 4th mani for Digit-al Dozen Nature Week.
This was another mani created by following one of the tutorials in Idiot’s Guides: Nail Art
by Emily from The Lacquerologist.
It’s an aerial view of beach waves and so easy to create without any special tools (aside from my little star fish and shell extras).
I followed the tutorial by Emily called Beach Waves on pages 158-159 in the Advanced Designs section.
- I painted two coats of OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby as my base and let dry.
- Then, as directed in the book, I did messy stripes (with the bottle brush) for the water using these colors: OPI Get Ryd-of-thym Blues, OPI Blue My Mind, and Elevation Polish The Hig.
- Elevation Polish Weddell Sea was the final step in the water to represent the breaking waves washing upon the shore, this layer closest to the sand.
- I used a detail brush and added a star fish in OPI How Great Is Your Dane? and a shell with Elevations SBP Salto dol Soldado and Weddell Sea.
- KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal it all in.
What do you think? I’m happy with how these turned out, fun and really easy!
*Idiot’s Guides: Nail Art was a previously reviewed press sample, all opinions are my own.
*There are affiliate links in this post, which means that I get compensation if you click through and purchase.
Thanks so much for reading! Take a look at what the rest of the Digit-al Dozen ladies did for Day 4 of Nature Week below.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –