Good morning, readers! I have exciting news to share with you! I’ve done some comparisons and layering experiments and I’ve figured out a DIY dupe for recreating a similar look to the very limited edition Elevation Polish Angels Are The Yetis Of The Clouds!! I know it’s not the same as owning this gorgeous polish, but its a bit of a consolation prize if you can create a close enough look, right? Continue reading to see how I did it, and how it compared to some other polishes in my stash!
The OPI is a jelly formula (needing three coats for the picture above) but it’s missing the color shifting flakes that Angels has. I just so happened to have Nubar 2010 sitting in a drawer and I figured out a way to get really close to the true look of Angels Are The Yetis Of The Clouds by layering them!
I’ve labeled the photos below for you, but I’ll explain here in more detail at what you are looking at:
- Index: 2 coats of OPI Push & Pur-pull, 1 coat of Nubar 2010, 1 more coat of OPI Push & Pur-pull, and a final coat of Nubar 2010. (This actually added too many flakes compared to Angels, as the flakes are usually subdued a bit in the jelly formula.)
- Middle: 2 coats of Elevation Polish Angels Are The Yetis Of The Clouds.
- Ring: 2 coats of OPI Push & Pur-pull, 1 coat of Nubar 2010, and a final coat of OPI Push & Pur-pull. WINNER! The flakes are slightly less pronounced in the sandwich layering but it was closer than the index finger.
- Pinky: 2 coats of Elevation Polish Angels Are The Yetis Of The Clouds.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –