Good morning, readers! No Swatch Saturday this week, today is still part of the September Spectacular with The Digit-al Dozen!
Today’s throwback theme is Love and Heartbreak. I decided to try out a technique I’ve seen a few times. I saw it first in this guest post by Honeymunchkin on My Nail Polish Obsession and she referred to it as a “pond manicure.” From what I understand, this post by Olive View Fashion was the original “pond manicure” and I’ve loved seeing all of the variations on many blogs! And I have to try the flower version soon as well!
So here is my attempt at a pond manicure, but using hearts like Honeymunchkin did. I threw in a few black hearts with the white ones for the “heartbreak” part of the theme.
Here is how I did it:
- I applied one coat of China Glaze Keepin’ It Teal.
- Once that was dry enough, I took a small dotting tool and white polish to make some heart shapes.
- I then layered another coat of China Glaze Keepin’ It Teal.
- Once that was dry, I repeated the steps of adding the white hearts overlapping the other layers and doing the China Glaze Keepin’ It Teal jelly in between the layers.
- I added a random black heart on each finger in the top layers before the final jelly layer.
- Finally, I thought I would add some sparkle with China Glaze Fairy Dust and then some HKGirl Top Coat.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –