Good morning, readers! It’s Digit-al Dozen week again! This month’s theme is Tape and I’ve had fun creating looks with different forms of “tape” this week and can’t wait to show you. It’s a bit of a break from the freehand art that is more common with Digit-al Dozen weeks but it gave me a chance to try some things I’ve been wanting to.
Today’s post is my very favorite look for this week, so why not start out with a bang? You may have seen my preview on Instagram last week! Once I saw that Sally Hansen was releasing new Sugar Coats with shimmer, I ran right out to get them. Truth be told, shimmer/glitter textures are my favorite so I don’t own the previous creme versions of the Sugar Coats.
I used 4 untrieds in this post so I am one happy girl. I’ve been really trying lately to use polishes I haven’t before and nail art makes that so easy!
- I started out with 2 coats of the gorgeous dusty lilac creme, Elevation Polish Tavan Bogd.
- Once that was thoroughly dry with a coat of Seche, I cut 60 pieces of striping tape… yes, 60! 6 for each finger. But it was SO worth it.
- I applied the tape criss crossed on the nail in almost of a quilt pattern.
- Next, I painted thick stripes of all three new Sally Hansen Sugar Coats (Pink Sparkle, Treat-Heart, and Royal Icing) on a makeup sponge.
- I then dabbed the sponge down over the entire nail and repeated the process with more polish on the sponge until it reached the opacity I was happy with.
- Then, with tweezers, I carefully peeled off each strip of striping tape in the direction of the tape to keep the lines clean and reveal the design.
I wore this mani for a few days and only took it off for my festive 4th of July nails. I loved it so much!
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –