Good morning, readers! This week’s 40 Great Nail Art Ideas is Summer. We live in Florida, so the summers are hot and we try to stay cool in our pool or by taking our boat to the inlet for some fun in the sun with water and sand. I’ve always wanted to try Chalkboard Nails’ Beauty and the Beach Tutorial and it fit perfectly with our Summer theme this week! Check out Sarah’s video in the post I’ve linked for a great step by step video to create this look.
- My thumbs, ring fingers, and pinkies began with a gradient of OPI Alpine Snow and China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle.
- Using Salon Perfect White Out striper polish, I painted random squiggly lines for the water reflections.
- My index and middle fingers were painted with OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons.
- When they were dry, I used the tip of a detail brush to add overlapping dots with shade variations to create the sandy look. (I mixed Don’t Pretzel My Buttons with a little white polish for lighter and with black polish for darker shades.)
- I followed Sarah’s tutorial and painted the starfish in OPI Live.Love.Carnaval.
- I topped all of the nails with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station quick drying top coat.
What do you think? What do you love to do for summer? I’m excited to wear this mani for the weekend, we are hoping to take the boat out on Father’s Day! Have a great weekend and check out what the other Crumpet’s Nail Tarts did for their Summer manis below:
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –