Good afternoon, readers! I really love the grunge/worn/acid wash type nail art techniques but I don’t always want grungy color palettes on my nails. I think it’s the non-perfection of lines or designs that draw me in so I wanted to do something a little more “girly” with that idea in mind today. I guess we can call this Grunge Fairy!
- I started out with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and let it dry completely.
- Then, I dabbed Girly Bits Mint-al Precision and Pahlish Petropolis side by side on my work surface and dragged a dry fan brush through them to slightly blend in the center.
- I brushed it onto the nail from cuticle to tip for a rough gradient over the white base.
- I then cleaned off the fan brush with acetone, dried it, and repeatedly added more color until the nails had the coverage I was happy with.
- Once they were dry, I used bits of a torn makeup sponge and randomly sponged on OPI Girls Love Diamonds, OPI Unfrost My Heart, and Indigo Bananas Moonlight (Clair de lune).
- KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal and protect the design.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –