Good afternoon, readers! It’s the final day of Thankfulness with The Digit-al Dozen! Have you enjoyed this week? I love how different the theme has stretched among the group of us and I’ve had fun trying to decide what I could incorporate from my life into nail art. Today’s nail art is my favorite manicure in a while and I am so excited to wear it all weekend. Today, I am thankful for books. Whether it’s the children’s books filled with pictures and rhymes that I read with my children daily, or the (mostly) Urban Fantasy books I read for myself as often as I can.
I’ve done a sparkling, colorful base with the words “live, laugh, love” stamped across them. Not all the books we read have colorful pages, but those that don’t can take us on a journey out of our everyday life and that is what’s so magical about books. I am so glad that both of my children, as well as Mr. Adventures In Acetone, love books as much as I do.
- I started out with a white base and let it dry completely.
- Then, I tore 5 little bits off of a makeup sponge.
- I used one sponge piece for each of the following Elevation Polish shades: El Cap II, The Med 2, Kilauea, Sunset Among the Palms, and Avenue of the Baobabs. I sponged one color at a time on a random part of each nail, overlapping slightly with the other colors. I went back a second time if I needed to fill in more white, or if the original sponging wasn’t bold enough for me.
- After I was happy with the sponged base, I used one coat of Elevation Polish Pitaraq to add some gorgeous sparkle.
- I waited for that to dry, and then I stamped my Live Laugh Love image with Sinful Colors Black on Black and Bundle Monster BM-405.
- KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal it all in.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –