Good morning, readers! It’s time for this month’s Digit-al Dozen nail art week! The theme is Red, Gold, and Green. As you can imagine, that means I’m planning mostly Christmas themed nail art for you. So far, today’s mani is my favorite of the week. I was inspired by this half moon mani wreath post that Sarah from Chalkboard Nails did 2 years ago. I still can’t believe it took me this long to recreate it my own way!
- I first started out with 2 coats of OPI In My Santa Suit, a gorgeous glowy red.
- Then, with my detail brush and Zoya Veruschka, I did a rough half moon wreath shape.
- I topped it with George No 17 Starry Eyed for some fine gold glitter.
- Next, I did a thick coat of top coat and stuck down my Born Pretty Store gold bows. They are bendable so I curved them a bit to fit the nail surface.
- I then did another coat of top coat to seal the bows in and let dry.
- Finally, for some added texture, I went back over just the wreath with my detail brush and Zoya Pixie Dust Chita.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –
UH. AMAZING! I love the texture of that wreath – it looks so life like! Great imagination!
So so beautiful! Perfect polish selections!
These are so cute!! Perfect execution 🙂
Loving everything about this; those bows just take it to a whole other level!
this is soooo beautiful!
LOVE this idea! You did it wonderfully; adding in Chita for texture was a masterstroke!
Ooh that is so Christmassy and the design just pops out at you! x
I love these so much! The use of the different textures is so brilliant and just looks phenomenal 🙂
Stunning mani my dear!
These are just so classy! I love them!
I love these! I so want to try them too 🙂
I love that pixie dust, it just seams Christmas to me!
this is so cute! and I love the idea with the pixie dust on top. perfect.
Sooo beautiful 😀
Well, there's my new absolute favourite Christmas mani ever done 😀 amazing!
I am loving that you used the textured polish for the wreath – it gives it dimension and something different! It's gorgeous!
Everything about this design is fantastic! Of course the wreath is perfect and actually looks fluffy and the subtle gold glitter is brilliant! 🙂
Somehow I didn't get quite "get" this manicure for a really long time (before reading the post, obvs) BUT OMG I get it now and it's SO GREAT! I love the texture details!