Good afternoon, readers! It’s Day 3 of Whimsy Week with The Digit-al Dozen and I have a silly mani to share today. I was looking through my stamping plates and this adorable weather image with little smiley faces on the clouds and water drops just jumped out at me. Adding cute faces and bright colors to the weather seemed whimsical to me, so here we are! I made stamping decals on my ÜberMat and applied them over a gradient base for this look.
- I began with a coat of Qtica Extending Top Coat on the nail shaped spots of the UberChic UberMat and let them dry.
- Once dry, I stamped the adorable weather image from UberChic UC- 8-03 on those nail spots with Mundo de Uñas White stamping polish.
- I used a dotting tool to fill in the image with these Salon Perfect Neon POP! shades: Mer-Made of Money, Purple POP!, Violets are Blue, and Wrapped Around my Pink-y.
- While I let the decals dry, I sponged a gradient on my nails with OPI Mod About You, OPI I Just Can’t Cope-acabana, and OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-go? over a base of Salon Perfect Sugar Cube.
- When the decals were dry, I carefully peeled them up from the mat.
- One nail at a time, I painted a coat of top coat over my gradient, carefully applied the stamping decal to the tacky top coat, and cleaned away the excess decal with acetone and a cleanup brush.
- I sealed them in with a coat of Girly Bits Polish Matte’rs.
What do you think? Do they qualify for Whimsy Week? Check out what the other Digit-al Dozen ladies have done for day 3 below:
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –