Good morning, readers! It’s Fandom Week with The Digit-al Dozen and I’m so excited!! Yesterday was Day 1, but we took the boat out for a family day so you will probably get Day 1 and Day 2 today from me to make up for it. The first mani for the week is inspired by one of my favorite book and movie series: Divergent by Veronica Roth. In the futuristic, dystopian Chicago set story, the people are divided into 5 factions based on their personalities. I’ve recreated the symbols for each faction on my nails for this mani!
- Thumb: Amity (the peaceful)-I started out with two coats of OPI I Just Can’t Cope-acabana. I then used a small piece of sponge and dabbed a circle with OPI Coca-Cola Red. The colors that Amity wear for clothing are red and yellow. The tree symbol was painted with black acrylic paint and a small detail brush.
- Index: Dauntless (the brave)- Dauntless wear black so I painted two coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black for the base. I used grey acrylic paint and black acrylic paint for their flame symbol.
- Middle: Candor (the honest)- Candor wear only black and white. I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. The scale symbol was painted on with black acrylic paint.
- Ring: Abnegation (the selfless)- Abnegation wear gray so my base is two coats of Sinful Colors Cool Gray. The hand details were done with black acrylic paint.
- Pinky: Erudite (the intelligent)- The main clothing color for Erudite is blue. My base is two coats of OPI Ogre-the-Top Blue. I used black acrylic paint for the eye symbol.
- Every nail was topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –