Good morning, readers! Are you ready for the weekend? This weekend on Adventures In Acetone, I’ll have the new OPI Hawaii Collection swatched for you. Make sure you come back to see those 12 new shades. Today, I used three of the new Hawaii colors and Vinyl Boutique nail vinyls to create this quatrefoil mani!
What’s your biggest pet peeve about using nail vinyls? Mine is definitely the uneven surface, even after top coat. In an attempt to help, I decided to use tiny pieces of torn makeup sponge to sponge the top colors for a thinner layer. It was very time consuming but it did help with the thickness of the top layer. The lines aren’t perfectly crisp, though, from the sponging, so I guess you have to give and take.
Here’s how I did it:
- I started out with two coats of OPI That’s Hula-rious! followed by KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick drying top coat to speed up the drying process.
- About 30 minutes later, I applied the full nail quatrefoil stencil nail vinyls to each nail.
- One finger at a time, I used a tiny piece of torn sponge and tweezers for each color and dabbed them in the appropriate sections for each color: OPI Hello Hawaii Ya? and OPI This Color’s Making Waves.
- Once I finished the first nail, I carefully peeled up the vinyl to reveal the design.
- After doing this for the other 9 nails, I applied a coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top to seal it all in and even out the 2 layers.
What do you think? I really like the contrast of a shimmer with the creme shades. I’ll probably use the rest of the vinyls again with brighter colors in the spring or summer, this color combo wasn’t exciting enough for me on the nail.
I was very happy with the quality of the Vinyl Boutique vinyls. You can find them at the Shop
. I got them while on sale so keep an eye on Instagram
for more sales!
I’ll have my review of the whole OPI Hawaii Collection tomorrow so check back for info on those! Thanks so much for reading!
*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –