Good morning, readers! A group of blogging friends and I have come together for a modified version of the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts 31 Day Challenge for 2015. We will have a lot of similar nail art prompts, but just 3 times a week (because, new nail art every day for a month stresses me out!). The good news: this will bring tons of nail art to Adventures In Acetone for the month of January! It’s been years since I’ve done a challenge that wasn’t with The Digit-al Dozen and I really hope I will be able to keep up and enjoy it as a great start to the new year.
For day 1, our prompt is Follow A Tutorial. This was a no brainer for me, I still have the wonderful Idiot’s Guides: Nail Art book by The Lacquerologist sitting on my nail desk with tons of tutorials to try out. In case you missed my full review on the book, click HERE (it’s available for pre-order right now, and officially releases on Tuesday!).
I followed one of the Intermediate Designs called Spring Flowers (pages 146-147). I loved how it came out so much that I did matching toes! (Emily has a great section in her book about nail art on toes and I was so happy I tried it out!).
I followed the tutorial using these steps:
- The accent nails got 3 thin coats of Orly Frolic.
- The flower nails got 3 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.
- Once the white base was dry, I wiped most of the polish off of the bottle brush of Orly Frolic and made splashes of color on three different edges of each nail.
- Next, I took my striper brush and Sinful Colors Black on Black and did the simple floral designs over the color splashes.
- Lastly, I used a small dotting tool to add dots to the center of the flowers and in the white free space.
- KBShimmer Clearly On Top was used to seal it all in.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –