Good morning! I planned to post these swatches over the weekend but we had a lot of family fun going on and I just didn’t have a free minute to post for you. So, here is an unconventional Swatch Monday post? KBShimmer just released 12 new shades and nail vinyls sticker guides on Friday, June 20th, and I have half of that Summer 2014 Collection to show you today! Also, at the bottom of this post, I’ll show you some options of the nail vinyls that I tried out.
KBShimmer You’re So Shellfish
Near neon peachy orange perfect for summer pedicures.
I’m showing three coats below with no top coat.
The formula is close to a crelly so at two coats there was slight visible nail line. Three coats was much better and it was easy to apply. I love this color! So bright and fun, I’ve already planned this one out for my next pedi!
KBShimmer Mint-al Vacation
This light aqua sea foam has two personalities. In low light, it has a beautiful white shimmer, but in sun or bright light, you can see a holographic rainbow of color.
I’m showing two coats below with no top coat.
Really pretty color indoors and out! I love the shimmer so it has a little something extra when you are out of the sun!
(Above: in the light box. Below: In the sun.)
KBShimmer Radiant Orchid
Radiant Orchid, 2014 color of the year, is the ideal shade to transition nails from spring to summer and even fall. This pink toned purple has fuchsia and mauve undertones.
I’m showing two coats below with no top coat.
Love having a “color of the year” polish and it seems spot on!
KBShimmer Happily Ever Aster
A floral inspired glitter top coat with purple, lavender, light aqua and white glitters swimming in a sparkling base.
I’m showing one coat below over Radiant Orchid with Clearly On Top top coat.
No issues with this one, such a great color combo of glitters for me!
KBShimmer Periwinkle In Time
A periwinkle colored crelly polish loaded with holographic glitters in aqua, navy blue, silver, and violet.
I’m showing two generous coats with Clearly On Top top coat.
Depending on how thick your coats are, you may need three thin coats for full coverage. I love the combination of base and glitter colors, and it applies nicely with good glitter spread. And how about the adorable name? I loved A Wrinkle In Time years ago and it made me smile when I got this polish in the mail.
KBShimmer Scribble Me This
A graffiti inspired glitter top coat featuring mini stars, triangles, and neon glitters.
I’m showing one coat below over a gradient base with Clearly On Top top coat.
I already featured this mani
on the blog last week, but wanted to include it here so you can see them all together. The base was slightly slippery so this is one coat with some extra glitter dabbed on. Really awesome color combo!
There you have them, 6 of the new 12 polishes from KBShimmer’s Summer 2014 Collection! They also released 6 varieties of nail vinyl sticker guide sheets and I had a few samples to try for today’s post! I did not get samples of the Tribal designs or the Triple Chevron sheets, but here are the Single Chevrons, Zig Zags, Stars and Stripes, and Thick and Thin Lines below.
I decided to use some from each of my sample sheets to do this skittle manicure and show the different ways they can be used as guides. (Note: you can certainly just stick them on your nails and trim them to use as a nail sticker. I used them the opposite way, as guides to paint over and then when I removed them, you can see the design left showing the base color.)
My base is a purple I was already wearing for a couple of days so before I took it off, I wanted to spice it up a bit! Here’s how I did it:
- Index: I layered three Zig Zag nail vinyl guides on my nail and pressed down firmly. Then, I applied KBShimmer She Twerks Out and Too Pop To Handle on a makeup sponge side by side and pressed down onto the nail. I did this twice and once I was happy with the color coverage, I peeled off the nail vinyls to reveal the zig zag design. Because these were textures, I chose to leave them without top coat.
- Middle: I first layered three Single Chevron nail vinyls on my nail and pressed down firmly. Then, I took a single stripe from the Thick and Thin Lines set and applied it vertically down the center from cuticle to tip over the chevrons. Finally, I alternated painting in the spaces left of the nail with KBShimmer Mint-al Vacation and PT Young Thing. Before the polish dried, I carefully peeled the center stripe off of the nail followed by each chevron. I used one coat of Clearly On Top top coat to seal the design in.
- Ring: I alternated thick and thin stripes from the Stars and Stripes nail vinyls horizontally on the nail and pressed down firmly. Then, I painted one coat of Mint-al Vacation and then one coat of PT Young Thing over that. While still wet, I peeled the nail vinyls off and then sealed with Clearly On Top top coat. (The layering wasn’t planned but I like how the mint shows more along the edges of the stripes!)
- Pinky (aka my favorite in this mani): I applied three of the star shaped nail vinyls on my nail, leaving some of each star hanging over my nail edges so I could peel them back off easily. Then, I used a makeup sponge and painted stripes of each KBShimmer She Twerks Out and Too Pop To Handle like I did on my index finger. I pressed down with the wet makeup sponge onto my nail and repeated once more to get the coverage I was happy with. Then, using tweezers, I carefully peeled the star shapes back off the nail. I am definitely most happy with how this turned out! Again, because they are textures, I opted to not add top coat.
I just wanted to show some different possibilities with these sets of nail vinyls and the quality is great! Which of these designs is your favorite?
What do you think of this half of the new KBShimmer Summer 2014 Collection? These are all available now at the shop link below! The nail vinyls are $5 a full sheet (mine were just small samplings of the full sheet) and the polishes range from $7.50-$8.75.
Harlow and Co. is your place to go if you are an international buyer.
Thanks so much for reading!
Harlow & Co(for international orders): http://www.harlowandco.org
*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –