Hello, readers! Have you heard of The Lacquer Legion? It’s a monthly nail art challenge to connect the nail polish community and I am so excited I was able to find the time to join in for this month’s theme! You can go check out The Lacquer Legion on Facebook for some more info. This month’s theme was “Reinvention” and it took me a bit to decide what to do for that. It was so broad that it was troubling me but as soon as I asked the hubby, he told me Steampunk would be great because a big part of it is taking things and reinventing them.
I was really excited because I haven’t done steampunk nails before and I had to figure out what aspect I wanted to bring to the nail art. Gears and clockwork are what I instantly thought of, as well as those neat blimp-looking air ships. I decided to go with a sketch of an “airship” for my accent nail and various gears on the other nails.
- The base is the saran wrap technique with various browns for a some added depth.
- The gears were freehanded with OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby, Alter Ego Penny Pincher, and Essence Just In Case.
- I added some glitter accents around the cuticle area with Shimmer Polish Carmen.
- After a coat of Seche Vite to seal it all in, I wanted to make them matte which better fit the steampunk theme, so I added one coat of Butter London Matte Top Coat.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –