Good morning, readers! It’s December, so you will be seeing a ton of Christmas themed nail art this month! Today’s nail art is really fun and I think it is easy enough for anyone to do because it uses tape instead of hand painting any designs! I’ve used 3 of the new OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013
polishes for this look.
This is how I did it:
- First, I applied 2 coats of OPI Warm Me Up and topped it with HKGirl Top Coat to speed up the drying process.
- Once that was completely dry, I followed this tutorial by Nailside for taping off the trees, except I just used striping tape to cut down on the steps (so I didn’t have to cut my own strips).
- Once the tape was applied, I took the corner of a makeup sponge and dabbed on OPI Kiss Me At Midnight (Liquid Sand textured polish for a 3D effect) within the triangle shape.
- Then, I carefully peeled up all of the striping tape in reverse order of how I put it on the nail to reveal the abstract tree image.
- Once those were dry, I got out my star hole punch (I bought it at Michaels craft store in the scrapbook section). You can see this tutorial here by Chalkboard Nails where she uses the same hole punch for her stars. I had to go out right away and buy it after her tutorial!
- I used clear scotch tape so I could see the placement of where the star would be on top of the tree.
- First, I cut an upside down V shape out of the bottom of the tape (so when I put it on my nail, the tape wouldn’t be touching the textured tree).
- Then, I used the star hole punch to punch a star through the tape right above the V. This way the star would be at the top of the tree!
- Once I smoothed the tape onto the nail, I used the other corner of my makeup sponge and dabbed OPI It’s Frosty Outside (another Liquid Sand textured polish) into the star shape.
- Then, I slowly peeled the star tape back off of the nail to reveal the tree topper in place.
- That’s it! You don’t want to top coat this look if you are using these textured polishes.
What do you think? I LOVE this mani, I’ve been wearing it since yesterday and have no desire to take it off any time soon. Plus, it was SO easy that it took less effort than other kinds of nail art on my non-dominant hand.
Will you be trying it? Do you need a tutorial, or were my instructions easy enough? Thanks so much for reading!
Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application. Liquid Sand nail lacquers should always be worn without top coat. Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 is available now at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillards, JcPenny Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, Ulta and Ulta.com for $9.00($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit the links below.
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI is committed to providing high quality products and services to both salons and their customers, along with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long lasting and chip-resistant– offering an affordable luxury to consumers. OPI nail lacquer is available in over 200 shades. Each lacquer features OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for ultimate in application. Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and retails a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools, gels, and acrylics.
*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –