Good morning, readers! It’s been a long time since I’ve water marbled and I’ve been wanting to get back into trying it. I think the last water marble was the Christmas Tree design back in December. My friend, Danielle of Polish. Glitter. Rock & Roll does Water Marble Wednesday so this week I’ve joined in!
Since I am obsessed with “skittlette” nails lately, I thought it would be fun to do a skittlette mani with 2 accent nails that I water marbled. It’s a win-win! You only have to deal with clean up on 2 nails per hand and I feel like it makes the water marble nails stand out more.
When I grabbed these 2 of the Essie Summer 2013 collection, I knew they would look fab in a mani together. I’m glad I’ve finally gotten around to using them! They water marbled beautifully!
For the water marbled nails:
- I did one coat of China Glaze White on White.
- I painted Elmer’s school glue around my nails and on my finger tips and let dry.
- I water marbled China Glaze Dandy Lyin’ Around, Essie The Girls Are Out, and Essie Naughty Nautical using my Flowery Water Marble tutorial technique.
- I went back in with 2 dotting tools and Milani Silver Stilettos to add some silver dot accents.
- One coat of HK Girl Top Coat to seal it in.
- Once completely dry, I ran my hands under warm water in the sink to loosen the glue+polish layer on my skin and gently scraped it off with an orange stick!
- I went in and got any remaining polish off the cuticles with acetone and a cleanup brush.
- 2 coats of either Essie Naughty Nautical or The Girls Are Out.
- Milani Silver Stilettos and the big dotting tool to add one dot on each nail.
- HK Girl Top Coat to seal them in!
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –