Hello, readers! I have a crazy skittlette manicure to share with you today. A while back, after reading this post on The PolishAholic, I grabbed some different colors of embossing powder from Michaels craft store. I loved using striping tape and textured polishes together and wondered if I could do the same with embossing powder.
For the triangle nails, I was inspired by Manicurity’s design HERE. My triangles are bigger but the same kind of geometric idea. Here is how I got the look:
- Paint three coats of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise.
- One coat of HK Girl top coat to dry it.
- Layer striping tape across the nail.
- Paint a thicker coat of China Glaze Grape Pop over the entire nail.
- Sprinkle a ton of embossing powder over the wet polish.
- Gently pat and press the powder down all over the nail.
- While the polish is still wet, gently peel the striping tape off in reverse order of how you applied it.
- Let dry!
- Gently use a soft brush to brush off the excess from the nail and skin surfaces.
Unfortunately, this didn’t keep its color for long. Numerous hand washings, baby baths, and my own shower in the first 18 hours of wear washed off the top layers and color from the layer that stayed on the nail.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –