Hello, readers! It’s the final day of Tape Week with the Digit-al Dozen! I think I’ve loved this week so much because of the simplicity and I think everyone can recreate the looks I’ve been showing!
This final post is something I’ve wanted to try for a while and just never did. Matte vs. Shiny– as in, part of the nail design matted and the other part top coated for the shiny contrast. I used another untried for this post: Manglaze Lesbihonest. I only have a few Manglaze polishes but they are gorgeous mattes and I really like them! They don’t play well with Rejuvacote base coat, though, and crackle like a crackle polish, so wear them without base coat on the bare nail for best results.
- I started out with two coats of Manglaze Lesbihonest.
- Let completely dry because you can’t use quick dry top coat on top! I think I waited like 2 hours!
- I used craft scissors to cut tape in a fun line and applied verically on the center line of the nails.
- I then painted one coat of HK Girl Top Coat over the untaped side and carefully peeled the tape off.
- For some added contrast, I used a dotting tool and more top coat to do some dots on the matte side of the nails.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –