Good morning, readers! This week’s 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt is Nude + Color, and I love nude nail polish colors paired with bright or bold colors and cannot wait to see what the other ladies have done this week! I have created a reciprocal gradient with striping tape, pairing the new OPI Infinite Shine No Strings Attached and KBShimmer Playing With The Buoys from the Summer 2016 Collection. I always love reciprocal gradients, they are very trippy to look at because the overlapped gradients blend in the middle.
- I began by sponging a gradient of OPI Infinite Shine No Strings Attached and KBShimmer Playing With The Buoys over my base coat, from side-to-side instead of the typical cuticle-to-tip gradient direction. I repeated the sponging until I was happy with the opacity.
- I painted a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top over the gradient to speed up the drying time.
- Once it was completely dry, I cut and applied a ton of striping tape pieces horizontally on the nails, trying to space them as wide as the tape pieces were to have even stripe width.
- I used a sponge again, but this time I inverted OPI Infinite Shine No Strings Attached and KBShimmer Playing With The Buoys on the sponge so I was sponging on the opposite color.
- Once it was opaque enough, I used tweezers to peel up each of the pieces of striping tape to reveal the first gradient.
- I topped the mani with two coats of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.
What do you think of this neutral gradient? Check out what the other Crumpet’s Nail Tarts did for their Nude + Color manis below:
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –