Good morning, readers! I know I probably say this all the time, but I get nail art inspiration from a lot of everyday things. TV shows, patterns on purses/clothes, books, etc. Last week, I got a new cup and it had simple stripes on it in a cute color combination. I loved it so much, so I had to go change my mani to match the pattern on the cup that afternoon. It was simple messy stripes in a negative space mani but it was fun and I enjoyed wearing it! Let’s take a look.
- I started out with a coat of Duri Rejuvacote.
- Then, I found 2 colors that matched my cup: Milani Violet Dash and Milani Peacock.
- I used the bottle brush to do a thick stripe of Milani Violet Dash over my free edge (white tips) because I’m not a fan of negative space on myself if you can see the tips through. This represented the thicker lid of the cup nicely.
- Next, I used a striper brush and did messy stripes of both Milanis over the negative space to match the cup pattern.
- I topped them with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.
Here are some pictures of my new cup, plus my matching nails. Note: the different lighting changed the colors a bit.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –