Good afternoon, readers! It’s time for the next nail art mani in the 13 Days of January nail art challenge! This is my least favorite prompt for the month and you will see why. We are supposed to do a Blobbicure and I just don’t like them. No offense to anyone that does beautiful ones out there, but this is my 3rd try and I just can’t get into them. However, I didn’t want to fail at the challenge so I’m posting this anyway.
Not familiar with the term blobbicure? Basically, you paint on your base color and while it is still wet, you blob other colors onto the wet base and they kind of meld together. I wanted to try out some of the new OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Collection (swatch post coming tomorrow!) for this and I think adding in 2 colored dots didn’t allow enough “melding.” I added the stamping to try to make it a little better in the end but I still don’t like it.
- I started out with one coat of OPI Cement The Deal on all of my nails and let dry.
- Then, one nail at a time, I painted a decent 2nd coat.
- While the base was still wet, I added blobs of OPI Dark Side Of The Mood and OPI Romantically Involved.
- Once those were dry, I stamped a fishnet pattern using OPI My Silk Tie.
- Wet n Wild Matte Top Coat was used to finish the design.
What do you think? Pretty lame, it’s okay, you can tell me. It definitely looked better with the added stamping. Thanks so much for reading. Come back tomorrow for a full swatch review of the OPI Fifty Shades of Grey Collection.
*The polishes used in this mani were sent as a press sample for review with my honest opinion.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –