Hello, everyone! I have a bright and funky manicure for you today! It’s day 4 of “decades” week with The Digit-al Dozen so here is a 90s Lisa Frank inspired look! The entire collection of new OPI Neons arrived yesterday so they were perfect to use in this mani! The neons are gorgeous and I can’t wait to swatch them all for you soon. I think this was even brighter in person than my photos are suggesting as well.
Not very long ago, Sarah from Chalkboard Nails did this mani
and I loved it! I knew I wanted to try something similar and I was happy it fit in with our challenge week. I didn’t blend mine very much as I was trying to fit all 6 new OPI Neons on the sponge at once, but I kind of like this messy color block look.
Here’s how I did it:
- I used one coat of the new OPI Put A Coat On! white natural nail base coat.
- Then, I got a makeup sponge and dabbed all 6 OPI Neons in a circle: Hotter Than You Pink, Down To The Core-al, Push & Pur-pull, Life Gave Me Lemons, Juice Bar Hopping, and You Are So Outta Lime!
- Next, I pressed the sponge onto the nail without moving it around. I had to repeat and sponge again for this opaqueness.
- Then, I used Sinful Colors Black on Black and stamped these animal print designs from Mash M-78 and Bundle Monster BM-221 plates.
- Next, I added one coat of Seche Vite top coat to seal in the design.
- I decided I wanted them matte so I added a coat of Butter London’s Matte Finish top coat.
I’m totally digging these bright colors and it brings me back to my Lisa Frank school binder days! What do you think? Thanks so much for reading! Come back tomorrow for the final Decade mani!
Neons by OPI
will be available in both nail lacquer and GelColor
(for professionals only) formulas beginning May 2014. Nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s
exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application and will retail for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) at Professional Salons, including Amazon
, Beauty Brands, beautybrands.com
, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com
is an in-salon, professional service only. Prices depend on the salon and range from $28 – $38 for a manicure and $35 – $45 for a pedicure.
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI is committed to providing high-quality products and services to both salons and their customers, along with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting and chip-resistant – offering an affordable luxury to consumers. OPI nail lacquer is available in over 200 shades. Each lacquer features OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and retails a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools, gels and acrylics.
*The polishes used in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that I receive compensation if you click and make a purchase.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –