Good morning, readers! I had a nail break yesterday so aside from some old posts I haven’t been able to publish yet, expect the posts from today forward to showcase my ultra nubbin nails. Good thing nail polish doesn’t discriminate against short nails and you can wear it with all nail lengths!!
OPI Sheer Tint Top Coats are top coats tinted with sheer color. Think the consistency of a thick quick dry top coat, but only half the opaqueness of a jelly polish. I started to swatch these for you over my bare nails, but they are stained and it was NOT a pretty sight. Fortunately, they weren’t really meant to be worn alone. I chose to wear them over a white base and overlap two colors on each nail.
- Index: OPI Be Magentale With Me (pink) on the left side, OPI I’m Never Amberrassed (yellow) on the right side, overlapping in the middle to create this orange shade.
- Middle: OPI I’m Never Amberrassed (yellow) on the left side, OPI I Can Teal You Like Me (blue) on the right side, overlapping in the middle to create a green shade.
- Ring: OPI I Can Teal You Like Me (blue) on the left side, OPI Don’t Violet Me Down (purple) on the right side, overlapping in the middle to create this periwinkle shade.
- Pinky: OPI Don’t Violet Me Down (purple) on the left side, OPI Be Magentale With Me (pink) on the right side, overlapping in the middle to create this pink-purple shade.
I really like the different effects and new colors I was able to create by overlapping two of the Sheer Tints. There are a lot of possibilities with these and I can’t wait to try them in other uses. They were a bit on the thick side, and I had some bubbles. I think I may add some OPI Thinner to them and see if it makes them easier to use next time. A really cool collection, what do you think? Thanks so much for reading!
’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Sheer Tints
will be available March 2014, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com
for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI is committed to providing high-quality products and services to both salons and their customers, along with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting and chip-resistant – offering an affordable luxury to consumers. OPI nail lacquer is available in over 200 shades and contains no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde. Each lacquer features OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and retails a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools, gels and acrylics.
*The polishes used in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
If you enjoyed this post, please Sign Up for email updates and you will have the latest news, reviews, nail art, and tutorials delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a post from Adventures In Acetone again. Thank you so much for reading.
– Let’s paint something amazing! –